What are React Hooks?
Components can have state which is an object that determine how a component renders and behaves.
React Hooks are a new feature in React 16.8.
They let us hook into the React state and life cycle methods from functional components.
Some commons Hooks are:
- useState: return a value using a function to update it
- useEffect: performs side effects. Eg: fetching API.
- Custom Hooks
- React Hooks start with keyword
- The component where we invoke Hooks must be named uppercase
- We can only use Hooks inside a React Functional component, not a Class Component
- Only call Hooks at the top level. Don’t call them inside loops, conditions or nested functions