I. What is Express.js?
Express.js is a web framework based on the core Node.js http module and Connect components.
Express helps us easily manage our routing, requests, server-side logic and responses. It also makes our code easier to read, update and extend.
Benefits of Express:
- Deliver static content
- Modularize business logic
- Construct an API
- Connect to various data sources (with additional plugins)
- Write less code
- Validate data (with additional plugins)
II. Install Express as a local dependency
- Create a folder and a package.json file:
npm init -y
- Install express as a dependency locally:
npm install express
- Install nodemon (if you haven’t)
npm install -g nodemon